The Micat operates on a demand-based timetable, so during our busy periods we can run up to 5 times per day. During the quiet times we generally don’t run at all on a Wednesday, and only run once per day on other days except Friday and Sunday when we run twice.
As the Micat takes approximately 90 minutes to reach Moreton Island, our turnaround time is approximately four hours (including loading), so make sure you get in quick to get the best departure time from Brisbane and Moreton (no one wants the 10pm service off the island!).
The Micat departs from 14 Howard Smith Dr, Port Of Brisbane.
- Bookings are essential for both passengers and vehicles on the Micat.
- If you’re planning on taking your 4WD over for a weekend, or a long weekend during summer, we recommend booking at least 4 weeks in advance to get the best ferries.
- If you’re looking to travel in the September, Easter or Christmas QLD school holidays, or Easter itself, we recommend booking 6 months in advance to get the best travel times. The most popular ferries generally book out around 5 months prior to departure for these periods.
- If you are camping in peak times we recommend you check availability with National Parks before you book the ferry as campsites book out very quickly!
- We recommend booking your walk-on tickets a week prior to travel, and if you’re travelling in school holidays, at least 2 weeks prior.
- We offer secure parking for $15 / day at our terminal (just line up in the parking lane), but unfortunately this is very limited and we often sell out on weekends. We do have limited street parking also. We recommend car pooling or ride share. We have drop off zones just as you drive in the gate to make it easier to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Our gates open 1 hour prior to departure in Brisbane and the ferry tends to land approximately 45 minutes prior to departure on Moreton Island. It takes us approximately 20 minutes to load a full boat, and about 10 minutes to unload a full boat.
- Once the gate has opened if you are a wagon please head into lane 1, UTES please head into Land 2 and if you are towing a trailer please head into Lane 3. Please stay in your Vehicle and a Crew member will come to you and check you in.
- You are welcome to head upstairs once onboard and grab a famous smiley pie, sandwich, beer or coffee on the saloon deck. Micat is a fully licenced vessel, the bar opens at 9am. Relax and enjoy the 90 minute ride to paradise.
- There is 3 decks on Micat; the vehicle deck, saloon deck and upper deck.
- Charter the Micat
Charter the Micat ferry – Your next event could be a little different!
What better place to hold your private event than on our luxury catamaran cruising along the Brisbane River or across the bay onboard the Micat to beautiful Moreton Island.
Moreton Island Adventures creates extraordinary corporate events on our large vessel the Micat. With three very unique deck levels, Micat is ideal for large corporate entertaining, product launches and private functions. With a capacity of 600 guests utilising all three levels of the ship, the Micat vessel offers something unique as it cruises along the Brisbane River.
Specialising in innovative fresh cuisine in all styles, Micat can transform into your ideal event venue. The Micat is the only vessel with a vehicle deck which is able to travel along the Brisbane River. Our ability to carry large numbers of people and very large merchandise makes Moreton Island Adventures Micat the perfect choice for your next corporate event!“We have been working with Micat for several years in the delivery of our Semi-Formal event. Their attention to detail, customer service and indeed their offering has been exceptional. They really do make life easy when it comes to events and we would recommend their services to anyone looking to run a dynamic function”
– Brisbane Boys College